What's the difference between a website builder and a professional web designer? What Method Should I Use to Create My Website?
It is no longer considered a luxury to have a decent website. Anyone with no coding knowledge may register an inexpensive domain and use a website builder to create a decent-looking website, often for free. However, there is a reason why many organisations continue to choose to employ a professional website designer. Let's have a look at why that is.
What's the difference between a website builder and a web designer?
Each choice has advantages and disadvantages. However, the choice between the two comes down to the type of your firm, its income, and your objectives. If you're a new company with no track record, for example, starting with a low-cost website builder is usually your best bet. On the other hand, if you're a well-established company with a steady stream of cash, a website builder could do more harm than good.
What are the Benefits and Drawbacks of Website Builders?
Website builders are web-based tools that allow non-technical people to create websites without having to know much about design or coding. Users may choose from a variety of pre-designed themes and then fill in the blanks with their own information. The final items may appear to be rather attractive.
- Price. This is the most important reason why individuals choose to utilise website builders. You can have a decent-looking website up and operating on the internet for a little cost (often even for free).
- Speed. A website builder allows you to register a website, design it, and publish it all in one day.
- It's simple to use.Website builders are very simple to use because they are meant for non-technical people.
- Design is good. Many website builders include templates that might help you create a professional-looking website.
- OK design. While a templated website may appear attractive, it will not be built on website design principles such as user experience and conversion rates. This implies your website will not be built to attract your visitors to go where you want them to go on your website, resulting in lost sales opportunities.
- Sameness. Because website builders have become so popular, many people are using the same templates. This means that if you use a template, your website will look unoriginal and generic, potentially making it hard to tell your business apart from your competitors.
- It's not good for SEO.The majority of website builders are less SEO-friendly than professionally built sites. This implies that your business will appear in fewer Google searches, making it more difficult to reach out to potential consumers.
- Time drain.Even though they are simple to use, building a website with a builder takes time. Working on the website will take time away from other vital activities if you or your staff are working on it. When choosing a website builder, consider how valuable your time is to you.
Who Is Appropriate for Using Website Builders?
Because the major benefit of website builders is their low cost, this decision comes down to your budget and if it makes sense to invest the extra money to hire a professional.
Website builders are better suited to hobbyists, tiny blogs, untested companies, small non-profits, and other enterprises with little resources.
What Are the Benefits and Drawbacks of Hiring a Web Designer?
Web designers can transform your vision for your company and brand into a one-of-a-kind, custom-designed website. A professional designer will collaborate with you to understand your business and your clients in order to make your website stand out from the crowd.
- Design that is tailored to you. A good web designer excels at two things. First, they know how to use design concepts to not only make your website appear beautiful, but also to make the navigation flow organically lead to sales. Second, they can produce absolutely amazing designs that will make your website stand out and provide your consumers a positive first impression.
- The site has been SEO-optimized.Websites designed by good web designers are optimised for search engines. They take keywords and tags into account from the start to ensure that your website is optimised for SEO success.
- You will save time.Hiring a web designer offers you more time to spend on things that you want to spend money on for your business, much like hiring a professional for an at-home DIY project gives you more leisure time. And, as we all know in business, time is money.
- The cost is paid up ahead.It's no secret that hiring a professional is costly. The initial investment is substantial, sometimes in the hundreds or even tens of thousands of dollars. It's time to get started. Hiring a professional is a time commitment since great work takes time. A properly designed website might take up to six weeks to launch.
- The cost is paid up ahead. It's no secret that hiring a professional is costly. The initial investment is substantial, sometimes in the hundreds or even tens of thousands of dollars.
- It's time to get started.Hiring a professional is a time commitment since great work takes time. A properly designed website might take up to six weeks to launch.
Who Should Employ the Services of a Professional Web Designer?
We've discussed the pricing differences between website builders and web designers, but we haven't discussed opportunity cost, or the expense of not hiring a professional.
Here are some examples of who should employ a professional:
- Businesses having a revenue of more than $150,000. A $10,000 one-time investment in a properly built website would be well worthwhile.
- Businesses having a large volume of transactions. Even a single transaction for $5,000 to $10,000 may cover the cost of employing a specialist.
- Businesses that operate in competitive markets. The SEO benefits of a well-designed website are well worth the investment.
The bottom line is that you must weigh the risks and benefits of employing a professional to determine whether it is worthwhile. If this is not the case, or if you just do not have the funds, you might consider using a website builder.